Come see our symposium ‘Rethinking treatment and management of mania’ featuring:
- Silje Skrede (Norway): Blue-blocking glasses as additive treatment of mania
- Páll Mathíasson (Iceland): Alternatives to forced treatment
- Lene Jacobsen (Denmark): The effect of intensive physiotherapy on reducing arousal and physical unease
- Mikael Landen (Sweden): On the effectiveness of drugs to prevent mania, and the risk of treatment emergent switch to mania when using antidepressants or central stimulants
- Sune Straszek (Denmark): Electroconvulsive therapy in mania
The symposium will be chaired by Clara Reece Medici.
The Lundbeck foundation donated 30.000 kr (~4 927 USD), to support the participation of the members of the Psychiatric Research Academy in the 26th European Psychiatric Association Congress in Nice, 2018.
Christopher Rohde won the Best eposter award and 300 euro at the 26th European Congress of Psychiatry in Nice for his poster: Real-world Effectiveness of Clozapine for Mental Retardation: Results from a Mirror-image and a Reverse-mirror-image Study.
Presenters at the conference:
- Christina Elise Holm-Larsen: Influence of postpartum depression on child growth in a low-income setting (Oral presentation)
- Christina Blanner Kristiansen: 1) Urban Mental Health – challenges and perspectives (poster) 2) Chairman and organizer of symposia “Young Scientists Cup”.
- Mikkel Højlund: 1) Utilization of antipsychotic drugs in Scandinavia from 2006 to 2016, (oral presentation) 2) Chairman and organizer of symposia “Young Scientists Cup”.
- Frederikke Kjerulff Madsen: Intimate Partner Violence Among Pregnant Women And Exclusive Breastfeeding (oral presentation)
- Peter Næsborg Schøler: Elderly with relief/reward drinking patterns: characteristics and treatment outcomes (oral presentation)
- Julie Eg Frøkjær: Cognitive and Vegetative Symptoms in Children and Adolescents Measured by the Mood and Feelings Questionnaire (poster)
- Adam Felix Kemp Predictors: Predictors for hospitalization of children and adolescents with eating disorders (poster)
- Helena Sandgreen and Alexander Lind Koch-Pedersen: Measuring the Development of a Research Organization by the Means of Bibliometrics (poster)
Jesper Nørgaard Kjaer will present Workforce migration in the Scandinavian countries – do trainees still want to leave from what is perceived by everyone else as the paradise? and judge in the poster competition.
Presenters at the conference:
- Jesper Nørgaard Kjær: Workforce migration in the Scandinavian countries – do trainees still want to leave from what is perceived by everyone else as the paradise? (e-Poster Walk)
- Christopher Rohde: Real-world Effectiveness of Clozapine for Mental Retardation: Results from a Mirror-image and a Reverse-mirror-image Study (ePoster Walk)
- Clara Reece Medici: Typical and atypical antipsychotics in acute mania: Comparison of effectiveness (ePoster)
- Astrid Harpøth: A preclinical assessment of the antidepressant-like effect of Isoflurane (ePoster)
- Amalie Bach Dybdal: Can doctors apply treatment strategies for patients with bodily distress syndrome (ePoster)
Christopher Rohde discuss the use of stimulants in patients with schizophrenia. In a register-based study the authors found that patients with schizophrenia treated with CNS stimulants has a reduced risk of psychiatric admission, fewer days per admission and lower use of antipsychotic medication. Read more here (in Danish).