The Lundbeck foundation donated 15.143 kr (~2 350 USD), to support the symposium ‘Rethinking treatment and management of mani’ chaired by Clara Reece Medici at the 32nd Nordic Congress of Psychiatry, Reykjavik, Iceland.
Speakers at the symposium:
- Silje Skrede (Norway): Blue-blocking glasses as additive treatment of mania
- Páll Mathíasson (Iceland): Alternatives to forced treatment
- Lene Jacobsen (Denmark): The effect of intensive physiotherapy on reducing arousal and physical unease
- Mikael Landen (Sweden): On the effectiveness of drugs to prevent mania, and the risk of treatment emergent switch to mania when using antidepressants or central stimulants
- Sune Straszek (Denmark): Electroconvulsive therapy in mania