Joseph Bienvenu wrote an editorial ‘No luck with preadmission anti-inflammatory drugs to prevent postcritical illness psychiatric morbidity’ referring to Clara Reece Medici’s article ‘No Impact of Pre-admission Anti-Inflammatory Drug Use on Risk of Depression and Anxiety after Critical Illness’. Read the editorial here.
Presenters at the conference:
- Christina Blanner Kristiansen: Physical health problems in patients with severe psychiatric disorders: a focus group study (at the symposium Inequality in Health)
- Clara Reece Medici: Quality of life in patients with schizophrenia ‐ can this be improved through better health? (at the symposium Inequality in Health)
Se the full program here (in Danish).
Presenters at the meeting:
- Christopher Rohde: Real-world Effectiveness of Clozapine for Mental Retardation: Results from a Mirror-image and a Reverse-mirror-image Study (poster)
- Line Amalie Hellemose: Accidental deaths among persons with Schizophrenia (poster)
- Sakina Kousgaard Khan: Cerebral Folate Deficiency in Treatment-Resistent Depression: A literature review (poster)
- Clara Reece Medici: Typical and atypical antipsychotics in acute mania: Comparison of effectiveness (poster)
See the full program here.
Mikkel Højlund found marked differences in antipsychotic prescriptions between centers in young outpatients with schizophrenia, suggesting that there is a component of personal style, routine, or habit among the psychiatrists in the prescription of antipsychotics. Hjøllund et al. propose continuous and mandatory postgraduate training in psychopharmacology for psychiatrists as a solution to this potential problem. The letter will be published in Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology. Read more here.