Christina Elise Holm-Larsen and Frederikke Kjerulff Madsen co-authored a cohort study investigating the association between postpartum depression and child growth in Tanzania. The study showed that the children of mothers with postpartum depressions were slightly shorter than their peers at 2-3 years of age. Read more here.
Nadia Rønn Nørgaard will present Psychiatric Live Animotion Intervention (PLAI) – an eMentalHealth Intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Mikkel Højlund co-authored a case report discussing the need for thorough neurological history taking and examination in first-episode psychosis. The patient presented with schizophrenia-like psychotic features and was found to suffer from obstructive hydrocephalus, and experienced complete remission of psychotic symptom after neurosurgical intervention. Read more here.
The Lundbeck foundation donated 50.000 kr (~8 261 USD), to support the participation of the members of the Psychiatric Research Academy in the 19th Congress EPA Section of Epidemiology and Social Psychiatry.
Presenters at the conference:
- Christina Elise Holm-Larsen: Influence of postpartum depression on child growth in a low-income setting (Oral presentation)
- Christina Blanner Kristiansen: 1) Urban Mental Health – challenges and perspectives (poster) 2) Chairman and organizer of symposia “Young Scientists Cup”.
- Mikkel Højlund: 1) Utilization of antipsychotic drugs in Scandinavia from 2006 to 2016, (oral presentation) 2) Chairman and organizer of symposia “Young Scientists Cup”.
- Frederikke Kjerulff Madsen: Intimate Partner Violence Among Pregnant Women And Exclusive Breastfeeding (oral presentation)
- Peter Næsborg Schøler: Elderly with relief/reward drinking patterns: characteristics and treatment outcomes (oral presentation)
- Julie Eg Frøkjær: Cognitive and Vegetative Symptoms in Children and Adolescents Measured by the Mood and Feelings Questionnaire (poster)
- Adam Felix Kemp Predictors: Predictors for hospitalization of children and adolescents with eating disorders (poster)
- Helena Sandgreen and Alexander Lind Koch-Pedersen: Measuring the Development of a Research Organization by the Means of Bibliometrics (poster)